I’m so excited that you’ve found your way to my blog! My name is Ashlee Tripp, and I’m a 34 year-old high school English teacher with a passion for teaching, reading, and writing.
I created this blog because I’ve wanted to get back into writing on a regular basis. I am hoping to use this blog to share ideas about teaching, to share my love of reading, and to push myself and others to be better at life in general. See my first blog post for a more in-depth explanation.
Just a few more things about me to help you get to know me a little better…
- I live in Denver, Colorado, and I’m not sure you could pay me to live anywhere else.
- I currently teach AP Literature & Composition, AVID Elective 12, AVID Elective 10, and English I to high school students. They’re kind of my people.
- I love to travel and have been to every state physically attached to the US… along with a handful of other countries.
- Flying terrifies me. I obsessively research plane crashes even though I know I shouldn’t. Same with serial killers.
- I’m 100% an introvert and am super awkward in large groups. I never feel like my batteries recharge, and I’m epically bad at initiating plans.
- I’m an INTP MBTI and Enneagram 5w4.
- I’m a Sagittarius sun, Taurus moon, and Cancer rising; I get a kick out of reading my horoscope and fortunes from fortune cookies.
- My cat has social anxiety. No crazy cat lady jokes, though, please; my brother makes enough of them for everyone, thank you very much!
- I am the proud aunt of two adorable nieces, ages 3 and 0.
- I have an unhealthy addiction to Coca-Cola, but I love it. Stop telling me to give it up.
- I love reading, and I’ll read pretty much anything as long as I can read it on paper.
- I have an irrational fear that I’ll run out of office supplies.
- I grew up on Harry Potter, and I think it is actually magical. I’m a Ravenclaw.
- I’ve been to so many concerts I’ve lost track–over 1,000.
- I eat at P. F. Changs so often that I get to skip the line.
- I’m super analytical and conceptual, but don’t ask me to structure anything for you or you’ll hate it.
- I love bullet journaling, art journaling, painting, playing the Sims, writing, researching, swimming, tubing, wakeboarding, playing piano, going to concerts and musicals, organizing and decluttering, decorating, and working on self-discipline and self-improvement.
- If I could be a college student forever and make a living wage going to class, I would totally do it. I have a lot of degrees.
- Someday I’d like to learn to play the violin, the fiddle, and/or the guitar.
- Give me a confetti cookie and a big glass of milk with ice, and I’ll be the happiest human on planet Earth.